Effectively communicating with your outsourced development team can save you a lot of money.
Here are some tips for managing & hiring outsourced developers:
- Invest time researching & defining the end product upfront
- Write a very clear user story (or statement of work)
- DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PLAN. Changes should be released in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 versions
- Video or visually diagram your instructions
- Hire developers who are already familiar with the technologies you’re using
The video above uses the 15 to 18 Digit Salesforce ID Converter as an example. Here is the original spec for the ID conversion script.